Duration : 10 days
Eligibility Criteria for candidates who would like to join the course
BSC, MSC or any other life science background, BVSC, MVSC, BHMS, BAMS, BUMS, MBBS, MD, MRCOG, FRCOG or any medical degree, etc…
This course imparts in-depth theoretical and practical knowledge about all aspects of assisted reproductive technologies including pre-treatment evaluation, testing, oocyte recovery and embryo transfer. Candidates will be given an opportunity to comprehend various treatment procedures in an elucidated manner coupled with all-encompassing hands-on training on a one-one basis in all aspects of Assisted Reproductive Technology (ART).
Approach of the Training
- Safe laboratory practice in Andrology.
- Quality control, quality assurance and proficiency testing in andrology laboratory.
- Video/ Multimedia presentation of critical clinical characteristics of setting up of an ideal IVF laboratory, follicular study, ovum pick up, oocyte stripping, laser assisted hatching, oocyte – zygote and embryo scoring, extended culture and embryo transfer.
- Cryopreservation of gametes and embryos (demonstration only).
- Observer-ship in an actual clinical set up for 5 days,(no hands-on experience will be available).
Hands-on Training Includes
- Introduction & thirty years of IVF
- Ovulation Induction & Stimulation Protocols
- Male infertility and female infertility investigations
- Indications for IVF
- Follicle Monitoring
- Semen Analysis & Preparation
- Setting up of IVF Lab
- Stress management for couples undergoing ART
- Luteal phase support
- Approaches to ovarian stimulation in patients with PCOS (Polycystic ovarian syndrome)
- Management of poor responders
- Prevention and management of OHSS (Ovarian hyper stimulation syndrome)
- Counseling infertile patients for various ART procedures
- Ovum Pickup Observation
- Hands on pick up (Depending on Availability)
- Types of media, media handling, aliquoting and subsequent storage
- Oocyte and embryo handling transfer between the droplets and dishes
- Catheter loading for IUI and embryo transfer
- Embryo transfer techniques
- Approaches of recurrent implantation failures
- Reduction of multiple pregnancies, Single embryo transfer
- Fertility preservation and cancer therapy
- Oocyte donation and surrogacy
- Regulatory and ethical issues in ART today
- Good Laboratory Practices (GLP) and QC/ QA
Educational Teaching Methods
- Interactive discussion and teaching sessions
- Hands-on laboratory training sessions
- Live lectures and multimedia presentations
Evaluation of Trainee
Knowledge : Multiple-choice questions on lab techniques linked to each course module.
Practical skills : Tested on specific lab techniques taught during the training.
Verbal and communication skills : PPT talk on a topic linked to a course module.
Each Participant Will Receive
- Course Syllabus with Reading Material and Lab Protocols
- Controlled Access to the State-of-the-art lab at International Fertility Centre
- Certificate of Training (issued upon successful assessment by the instructor)
- Travel and accommodation is extra, IIRFT can provide assistance in arranging.
- Candidates will be provided lunch at the training centre.
- Candidates have to arrange for breakfast & dinner.
When acquiring new concepts and skills, there is no substitute for learning by doing. At IIRFT on average, 50% of your course time is devoted to hands-on exercises to give you practical, hands-on experience, course activities and real-world simulations to help you apply your new skills immediately when you return to your job.