Duration : 3 Days
Eligibility Criteria for candidates who would like to join the course
BSC, MSC or any other life science background, BVSC, MVSC, BHMS, BAMS, BUMS, MBBS, MD, MRCOG, FRCOG or any medical degree, etc…
The course provides one-on-one comprehensive training and is devoted to those candidates who wish to develop knowledge and skills in micromanipulation instrument handling and operation. This module is suitable for candidates who are well versed and experienced in oocyte handling and IVF procedures, this module will aid them in performing ICSI confidently with smooth transition.
Methodology of Training
- Basic instrumentation – Inverted microscope and micromanipulator
- Alignment of micromanipulator and loading of micro tools
- Oocyte preparation for ICSI
- Sperm preparations from various types of samples like ejaculating, PESA, MESA
- Holding of denuded oocytes & performing ICSI
- Denudation of oocyte cumulus complex
- Narasighe micromanipulation or Eppendorf micromanipulation or Research instrument (RI) micromanipulation workstation
- Embryo biopsy
- Instrument selections – Injecting and Holding Pipette selection and usage
Video and / or Live Demonstration of
- Oocyte denudation for ICSI
- Mechanical and chemical hatching, LAH (Laser Assisted Hatching) and IMSI (Intracytoplasmic Morphologically selected Sperm Injection)
Expert Guidance Training on
- Dish preparation for ICSI.
- Sperm preparation by gradient / swim-up method.
- Installing and aligning the ICSI instruments.
- Oil loading into the injectors, equilibration of micro tools.
- Loading of sperms and oocytes on to the prepared ICSI dish.
- Sperm immobilization and loading of immobilized sperm in the injection micropipette.
- Holding of denuded Oocyte and Performing ICSI.
Educational Teaching Methods
- Interactive discussion and teaching sessions
- Hands-on laboratory training sessions
- Live lectures and multimedia presentations
Evaluation of Trainee
Knowledge : Multiple-choice questions on lab techniques linked to each course module.
Practical skills : Tested on specific lab techniques taught during the training.
Verbal and communication skills : PPT talk on a topic linked to a course module.
Each Participant Will Receive
- Course Syllabus with Reading Material and Lab Protocols
- Controlled Access to the State-of-the-art lab at International Fertility Centre
- Certificate of Training (issued upon successful assessment by the instructor)
- Course fee : $1000
- Travel and accommodation is extra. IIRFT can provide assistance in arranging.
- Candidates will be provided lunch at the training centre.
- Candidates have to arrange for breakfast & dinner.
When acquiring new concepts and skills, there is no substitute for learning by doing. At IIRFT on average, 50% of your course time is devoted to hands-on exercises to give you practical, hands-on experience, course activities and real-world simulations to help you apply your new skills immediately when you return to your job.