Duration : 3 Days
Eligibility Criteria for candidates who would like to join the course
BSC, MSC or any other life science background, BVSC, MVSC, BHMS, BAMS, BUMS, MBBS, MD, MRCOG, FRCOG or any medical degree, etc…
This module provides detailed theoretical and practical knowledge of Cryopreservation of sperms and embryos. The course deals exhaustively familiar with freezing techniques, instruments and protocols related to sperm, oocytes, embryos and blastocysts.
Methodology of Training
- Fundamentals of Cryopreservation
- Usage of different types of Cryo-media
- Freezers & their functioning
- Sperm cryopreservation methods and limitations
- Embryo cryopreservation methods and limitations
- Vitrification concept, development, methods and limitations
- Cryopreservation of epididymal and vas deferens aspirates (Demonstration only)
- Isolation and cryopreservation of sperm from testicular biopsy specimens (Demonstration only)
- Protocol for cryopreservation of ovarian tissue from cancer patients (Demonstration only)
- LN2 Transfer from & to on cryo-can
- Filling of LN2 in to programmable freezer
- Demo of programming for various samples loading of cryo-straw
- Labeling of cryo-straw
- Cryopreservation of sperm
- Storing of cryo-straw/ vials in Canister
- Slow freezing versus vitrification
- Comparison between different vitrification systems and devices
- Improving survival rates
Educational Teaching Methods
- Interactive discussion and teaching sessions
- Hands-on laboratory training sessions
- Live lectures and multimedia presentations
Evaluation of Trainee
Knowledge : Multiple-choice questions on lab techniques linked to each course module.
Practical skills : Tested on specific lab techniques taught during the training.
Verbal and communication skills : PPT talk on a topic linked to a course module.
Each Participant Will Receive
- Course Syllabus with Reading Material and Lab Protocols
- Controlled Access to the State-of-the-art lab at International Fertility Centre
- Certificate of Training (issued upon successful assessment by the instructor)
- Travel and accommodation is extra, IIRFT can provide assistance in arranging.
- Candidates will be provided lunch at the training centre.
- Candidates have to arrange for breakfast & dinner.
When acquiring new concepts and skills, there is no substitute for learning by doing. At IIRFT on average, 50% of your course time is devoted to hands-on exercises to give you practical, hands-on experience, course activities and real-world simulations to help you apply your new skills immediately when you return to your job.